Fargo's HDP5000 ID card printer is built to meet and exceed the requirements for printing and encoding the most sophisticated, high definition, multifunctional ID cards, now with durable single-sided lamination.
High Definition Printing
The HDP5000 creates high definition cards with unmatched image quality. Rather than printing directly onto the surface of a card, the HDP5000 prints a reverse image on the underside of a special high definition film through reverse transfer printing.
The film is then fused to the card's surface which not only gives it a sharp and vivid appearance, but also provides a layer of protection from wear and tear, as well as tampering. Additionally, by printing to film, the HDP5000 produces high-quality results even on smart cards with uneven surfaces.
Laminating cards can double or triple their lifespan - adding an extra layer of protection between the information on the card and everyday stresses. Even better, it serves as an effective anti-tampering measure - any attempt at tampering or altering the card is immediately visible.
It can also be an effective anti-counterfeit measure with a customized hologram - with a protected ID card system, only authorized users can create the cards with the customized holograph and the ultra-secure HDP5000, giving you incredibly secure ID cards.
Fargo HDP5000 Features
- Single-sided reverse transfer printing
- 24 seconds for full color, single-sided cards, 35 seconds with lamination
- 100 card input hopper, 200 card output hopper
- 3 year manufacturer warranty, 1 year loaner coverage
The HDP5000 is available with these upgrade options:
- 89620 – Standard single-sided lamination
- 89601 – Magnetic stripe encoding
- 89640 – Dual-sided printing
- 89621 – Single-sided lamination, magnetic stripe encoding